My birthday is March 19th so I always look at St. Patrick’s Day as the kick off to my birthday! While I’m not celebrating by showing my appreciation for Guinness and Jameson with quite the same fervor as I did in my younger days, I still love the holiday. Fun facts: I’ve been to St. James Gate, when I someday get a tattoo it will be a peacock that was on the Irish penny pre-Euro, I’ve kissed the Blarney Stone and my first alcohol as a 21-year old was in an Irish pub in NYC.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here are 9 greens!
1. I’m wearing this necklace today, made by one of my most favorite people, Cathy Zwicker of Crafty Wonderland.
3. I’m going to get to use this shelving unit for a mysterious project soon!
4. It’s almost farmers market season! I went to the year-round Morningside Market on Saturday and got this big bag of organic kale as well as eggs, rutabaga, turnips and sweet potatoes.
5. Outside is glorious! We’re in that awkward time of year where the weather is AMAZING and then gets cold again and then AMAZING and then suddenly sweltering summer is here. I’m trying to soak up the AMAZING whenever I can. Baby Emmett and I went to Piedmont Park on Friday and enjoyed playing in the grass.
6. I’m going to a potluck lunch today and made a spinach salad.
7. My seeds have started to sprout! So far we have cucumber, basil, tomato and nasturtium. No eggplant yet but I’m crossing my fingers.
8. I made a green smoothie yesterday. I just guess with my smoothies and throw a bunch of stuff in the blender! If you want the real deal, tried-and-true recipes, you should get 40 Days of Green Smoothies by Becky Striepe.
My smoothie contained:
Ginger powder (but only because I was out of fresh ginger!)
9. I’ve had some of this bamboo for over 10 years!
May the luck of the Irish be with you today!